Jul 1, 2012

President Mursi's Speech and BBC World review

The speech in Tahrir square : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHmZTFsevf8


BBC World review on President Mursi's Speech : 

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/p00trs08
 



The speech in Tahrir Square on 29 June:

"In the name of Allah, the most Merciful, the most Compassionate. Praise be to Allah; prayers and peace be upon the most honest messenger. Say, in the bounty of Allah and in His mercy: therein let them rejoice. It is better than what they accumulate."

O great Egyptian people, O beloved; O great people of Egypt, who stand in the square of revolution, the square of freedom, Tahrir Square. O you who are standing now in all squares of Egypt, in all villages, cities, and governorates of Egypt. O you who watch us now at home. O you who look at what is happening. O free world, O Arabs, O Muslims. O beloved Egyptian people, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. O Muslims of Egypt; O Christians of Egypt. O decent citizens wherever you are, O Egyptians inside and outside Egypt. My people and beloved. Today, we are standing here to say to the whole world that this is Egypt and those are the Egyptians, those are the revolutionaries, who made this epic, this revolution. This is the square of martyrs. Here are their souls flying over us in Tahrir Square, the square of revolution, the square of martyrs, in all squares of martyrs in all governorates of Egypt. O all beloved, O great Egyptian people.

In the beginning, and before I say words from my heart to you; in the evening of last Sunday when the election results were announced, the High Presidential Election Commission decided - thanks to God and to your will - to assign me the presidency of the Arab Republic of Egypt. This is a great honour; this is a great honour, and this is an assignment that I admire and will bear on my back.

On that day, I addressed the whole Egyptian people in the evening and mentioned the names of governorates in Egypt, and I mentioned many categories of all Egyptian people, but I unintentionally forgot to mention some governorates and some important categories which I appreciate and respect. I reiterate my greeting to all Egyptian people, and to those who I forgot in the governorates of Damietta, Al-Buhayrah, Cairo and Al-Jizah. Those are also my people and my beloved, like the rest of the governorates I mentioned.

I greet all categories of the Egyptian society, but I stress that - in addition to those I mentioned on Sunday - I respect, love and appreciate the people of art, creation, culture, and the media people who are sincere for Egypt; my beloved, children, brothers and sisters, the disabled. To all of them I reiterate my greetings.

I stand with you today, O my beloved, in the square of freedom. And tourism - I never forget workers in any sector; and now I greet the workers in the sector of tourism who are keen on the development of this nation in all fields.

Today, I stand in the square of freedom and revolution, with you in this square and other squares that you know in all Egyptian cities; this square specifically witnessed a new birth for Egypt. Egypt, the freedom and dignity. Egypt, the will and change. Egypt, the renaissance and the rights that will not be wasted.

I stand with you today to greet all of you, to greet all revolutionaries in all squares of Egypt. I love you all. I also greet our martyrs whose great sacrifices were witnessed by this place, which is proof that their blood watered the tree of freedom. When we mention the martyrs, we look back at history to learn that the tree of freedom was planted by decent men dozens of years ago at the beginning of the last century. Since the beginning of the last century, men have planted roots and seeds and watered them with their blood and honoured them with their sacrifices throughout the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and then decade after decade until we reached the time - after long oppression and a long night that lasted until 25 January 2011, when the martyrs of this revolution fell.

I also greet all the great wounded of the revolution and the families of the martyrs and the wounded, and all those who served the country, and made sacrifices for the sake of its development and progress.

O steadfast men of the revolution. When I say men of the revolution, I mean men and women, sons and daughters. I mean all of you. I am one of you, have always been, and I will remain that way.

As you know, during the revolution that took place here, we said that the revolution was led by its goals. This revolution is continuing, thanks to God, and has crystallized today in the form of a clear will, the will of all Egyptian people. It has crystallized in an elected president of the country, who leads the ship of the country. He truly leads this revolution, and stands before those revolutionaries and leads their march, bearing this responsibility before Allah and before you so that this revolution will continue achieving all its goals.

O steadfast men of revolution; the great people, I came to you today and to all great Egyptian people, as I believe that you are the source of power and the ultimate legitimacy. You are the people and the source of power, and you are the legitimacy and the strongest part of it. Those who do not seek protection with you shall lose, and those who support your will shall succeed; and we want our nation to succeed.

I came to you today as I believe that you are the source of power and the legitimacy that is above all. No one, no institution, nobody can be above this will. The nation is the source of all powers, and it is the one that rules and decides; it is the one that can embrace or dismiss. That is why I came to the Egyptian people today. Everyone hears me now, all the people can hear me - the government, the army, the police, Egyptian men and women inside the country and abroad. No power is above this power. You are the people of power; you are the people of will; you are the source of this power; grant it to whoever you want and do not grant it to whoever you want; by Allah's guidance of you; all Egyptian people.

This is why I came to the Egyptian people. I do not wear a bulletproof vest. I am reassured, thanks to Allah and thanks to you. I fear no one but Allah, and you come second in my thoughts.

This is why I came to the Egyptian people today after they granted me their confidence and assigned me this trust and responsibility. I came to renew my pledge to you, and remind you that you are the only ones that matter, to ask for your support after Allah's support. Are you ready to continue until the end of the road? Ready to obtain all our rights, all your rights?

Nobody will take away any of your rights as long as this is your will, after God's will. Here I am standing in front of you, here I am standing in front of you, here I am standing in front of you, O you great people of Egypt, who come before any other side, before any other measures. I say to you the great people of Egypt, you who are standing in all squares, you who are watching us in all houses, you who have elected me, you who have and are still opposing me, I belong to you all in one place and we are on the same voyage.

Not one of my rights will be taken away from me. No right will be taken away from those who said no, as no right will be taken away from those who said yes. This is democracy! The walk is over! We embark on development. Here I am standing in front of you the great people of Egypt, who come before anything else. O you the great people of Egypt, I says in a loud voice: You who are standing here and in all other Egyptian governorates, in all cities and villages, you are the source, you are the source and nobody can speak on your behalf.

And if the representative or the deputy are absent, I will be back to you, the source. I swear to God, I swear to God and I swear to you, I swear by Almighty God that I will honestly defend the republican system and I respect the constitution and the law and I will look after the people's interests fully and I will protect the country's independence and territorial integrity.

I swear before you, I swear to God and swear to you, the people of Egypt and the masses of Egypt, throughout the country, I swear to you that I will do that, and I swear in front you and before God, and the world is my witness that I will honour my pledge. I swear to you that I will work with you at any time to affirm our unity and glorify our forces. I reiterate my rejection of any attempt to hijack the people's authority or their MPs. I reiterate to you all that, as the president of the Egyptians, and after the legal measures that I respect because they would never be an obstacle, I will always overcome all obstacles, thanks to your willingness.

I reaffirm my rejection of any attempt, and here the word my rejection is not enough, because I am the decision-maker, through your endorsement, I am decision-maker through your will, I will go on and there is no room for hijacking the people's authority or their MPs.

I reaffirm to you that I will not neglect any of the president of the republic's prerogatives. I will not neglect and I will not give up and I have no right to do that. It is not my right to relinquish the prerogatives and tasks that you honoured me with, that you honoured me with and on the basis of which you chose me. This is a pact between you and me. This is the meaning of the modern state. And this will never mean that we will not respect the law or that we don't give much importance to the constitution, the judiciary and the institutions. There is contradiction between this and that.

I will work with you all the time to achieve all the goals of the revolution. I will not neglect any of its rights or the rights of its martyrs, as I already promised, I will not forget the blood of the martyrs and the injured and the demands of those who have been affected. Punishment is a debt on my neck. I will not neglect it.

I will work with you all the time, as soon as I take the Presidency, to keep our national entity and be strongly attached to it. I will put the country's higher interests above all. I pledge to consolidate the principles of right and justice and freedom and social justice and the elimination of all forms of injustice, corruption and discrimination.

Injustice will be punished on the day of Resurrection. God does not dictate to the tyrant [what to do], so that when He judges him, he will not escape. We now see how God punishes the tyrants.

I will work with you for the recovery of the Egyptian economy and to put an end to the suffering of millions of Egyptians. I will work for a dignified life and genuine social justice in order to make the dignity of Egyptians the aim of all the state's networks and institutions.

I will be with you. I will be reachable for all. My doors are open. The doors are not locked. I will always welcome you and will be always in contact. Revolutionaries! Free men, we will complete the course!

We will complete the course. We will complete the course. We will complete the course in a civil, national, constitutional, modern state. I will not hinder development, we will not disturb traffic, we will not attack private or public property. We will protect each other. Each of us will hug the other. Clashes or accusations of betrayal will never be tolerated. All the sons of Egypt, in all its institutions and sectors, in all its villages, in all its hamlets, in all its cities, east, west, north and south of the country, all of them are one hand.

I will be in contact with all of you. I will be in contact with all of you. I will no make any difference between supporters and opponents. I ask for advice from you and help from God and from all of the sons of Egypt.

God willing, I will work with you for the return of Egypt, a leader in its innovation, culture, media, education, research, science, industry, production, agriculture, in all forms of work, with perfection.

God loves it when one of you is doing some work with perfection. Together, we will work with perfection so that that we will be self-sufficient through development.

I will work with you all to be partners in this national work. We will expand the scope of confidence between us and honour concord and togetherness. I will work with you for a return of Egypt, a return of Egypt, free in its will, in its foreign relations. Together, we will get rid of any meaning of tutelage to any kind of power. Egypt is free on its land, free in its decisions and moves.

We have come with a message of peace. We are not aggressive against anyone, but we are capable, with you all, to respond to, rather to prevent any aggression against us from any quarter whatsoever.

We shall create together - O you loved ones, O you citizens, O you honourable people - a new concept for foreign relations with all the world powers. We extend our hands to everyone. I also warn anyone, whoever that may be, against trying to harm Egypt's dignity or pride, or even think of harming the dignity of its people, or the dignity of its president, irrespective of the person. However, I am talking about your will and with your will.

Together we stress the concept of our national security, our complete national security, in Africa, the Arab world, the Islamic world, and the rest of the world.

We shall not forfeit our rights and we shall not forfeit the right of any Egyptian abroad. God willing, our political system, which respects the people's will, is the main engine behind any stance we take in our foreign relations.

I shall always be the first supporter of the continuation of this revolution. I support it so that it goes on strong, effective and that it will be present everywhere, in every corner of the homeland and in every national action.

I want these voices, with this will, to continue so that they will always announce that we are free, that we are revolutionaries and will continue that course.

Let us all continue chanting the anthem of our homeland with love. Egypt's love is a duty, Egypt's love is a duty! Loving the homeland is an obligation for us. All of us will continue to chant the anthem of freedom and dignity and recall what the predecessors had said: The whole creation has started to watch how I build the foundations of power alone and the pyramid builders in bygone times had sufficed me at the time of challenge.

O you revolutionaries, O you great Egyptian people. I assure you and I would love to stay with you. I do not like to leave you. But, loved ones, it is the time and the responsibilities.

At the end of this short address, I assure you ... I see the family of Dr Umar Abd-al-Rahman and banners about the civilians imprisoned or detained by military courts from the start of the course of the revolution until now. I am responsible for the right of all these and my duty requires me to exert all effort, and I shall do that as from tomorrow so that these are freed, including Shaykh Umar Abd-al-Rahman.

I stress at the end of this speech that the slogans which all of us have repeated will be achieved in reality by us together. Our strength lies in our unity! Our strength lies in our unity! Our strength lies in our unity! Unite! Be brothers and love your homeland. The march of the nation advances under love and compassion.

May God be with you. May God be with us. May God be with you, and He will not leave your acts behind, for tomorrow is just a day away. God will have His say, but most people are not aware of this.

God willing, we shall move forward together. God willing, we shall move as revolutionaries and free, and continue to achieve the rest of the goals, respecting the will of the people, the law, the constitution and the rulings issued by the lofty Egyptian courts.

I thank you, I greet you, and may God's peace, mercy and blessing be upon you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment