Dec 15, 2014

Pearls of Islamic Scholars : Quotes [13]

​If you live in a time where sinning is easier; understand that it is a time where the reward of being a person of TAQWA is also GREATER! -- Sajid ahmed umar [fb, 26/08/14]

Shaykh Hamad al-Ansaari: "To me, books are better than the castles of the kings." (al-Majmu' 1/395)

‘Abdullah bin al-Mubarak recorded in az-Zuhd [p. 51] that al-Hassan al-Basri said, "I saw those people [the salaf] and how they were more careful about their time than about their Dirhams and Dinars [i.e. their money].”  ​ ​​
Imaam al-Zuhri said: “You should eat honey because it is good for the memory.”
He also said: “Whoever wants to memorize hadeeth should eat raisins.”
(Fromal-Jaami’by al-Khateeb, 2/394).

A profile picture speaks volumes of who we are, what we stand for and promote. Choose very wisely. Mufti Ismail Menk [IOU fb, 22/09/14]

A lot of problems in the world would disappear if we talked to each other instead of talking about each other. - Dr bilal philips [19 sep, 2014/fb]


If you sacrifice something for the sake of Allah, He will replace it with something you couldn't imagine having.  --Dr Bilal Philips [fb, 29 sep 14]

Al-Khateeb reported in al-Jaami’ (2/387) that Yahya ibn Yahya said:
“A man asked Maalik ibn Anas, ‘O Abu ‘Abd-Allaah! Is there anything
that will improve my memory?’ He said, ‘If anything will improve it,
it is giving up sin.’”
Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid (islamqa.info/en/3328)


The following words were attributed to al-Shaafa'i, may Allaah have mercy on him: “I complained to [my shaykh] Wakee’ about my bad memory, and he taught me that I should keep away from sin.
He said that knowledge of Allaah is light, and the light of Allaah is not given to the sinner.”
Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid (islamqa.info/en/3328)

Imam Al-Dhahabi: "Knowledge is a sea without a shore, divided amongst the Ummah, available for those that seek it." (Siyar A'alam al-Nubala, 68/12)

‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: “Do not think badly of a word uttered by your brother, when you can find a good interpretation for it.” end quote.  Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (26/365).  


The names that like the most are Abdullah & Abdulrahman. When my son Abdulrahman died in an accident, I named another son after him. - Dr Salman Al Odah [fb, 1-10-14]


News reached 'Umar ibn Abdul Aziz Rahimullah that his son bought a ring for one thousand dirhams, so 'Umar Rahimullah wrote to him:

"It has reached me that you bought a stone for one thousand dirhams so when you get my letter, sell the ring and fill the hunger of one thousand stomachs. Then buy a ring for two dirhams and make its stone from Chinese iron and write on it, 'May Allah have mercy on a person who knows his worth.'"
[Madarij Al-Salikeen]

Imam al-Qurtubee: "It is obligatory upon a person that his speech towards the people is gentle." [al-Jaami’ li-Ahkaam il-Qur’aan, (2/16)]

Imam Abu Hanifa was known for his scholarship and worship, but also for his sense of humor. Once, a man asked: "O Imam! When I take a bath in the river, should I face the Qibla or turn away from the Qibla." The Imam solemnly replied, "If I were you I would face my clothes, to make sure that no one runs off with them!"  [Islamic Online University  via Yasir Qadhi, 16/10/2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment