Oct 18, 2011

A Husband-Wife Conversation : Did You Not Promise Me?

Several months passed after Sarah's wedding, the burden and responsibility of the home began to take a lot of time and attention.

Sarah did not realize that she had underestimated her performance. Sarah's concern to look beautiful in front of her husband has begun to decline, she was no longer, lingering sitting in front of the mirror.

Now she is aware of it, when Ahmad, her husband suddenly asked, "Did u not promise me to be the wife of the pious?"


Sarah immediately thought of her salat.
Is Ahmad accused me of wasting salat?
No, because I always keep my salat time.
Or did he mean my hijab, and I've keeping in accordance with the instructed by Islam?
Perhaps what he meant was obedience to him!

These questions are fleeting, Sarah waiting for a reply from Ahmad, while the tears flowed because of wondering and wanted to know exactly reversed "question"

The sentence stated above is the expression of the heart of a wife named Sarah. Then a smart dialogue between Sarah with her husband, Ahmad happened.

Sarah: "Is there something ruin my piety?"

Ahmad: "Sure."
Sarah: "Did you see me disparaging salat?"
Ahmad: "No."
Sarah: "Or do you see me delaying salat?"
Ahmad : "Not really"
Sarah: "Have I been denying the orders you?"
Ahmad: "Alhamdulillah, to this day you still keep all of my orders."
Sarah: "Then you mean my hijab. But I'm always consistent as in the command of Allah (swt) to me"
Ahmad: "I have no doubt, that you're always consistently Implement the command of Allah (swt)"
Sarah: "So what's wrong with my behavior as pious wife?"
Ahmad: "Apparently you do not feel, Sarah!"
Sarah: "I really do not feel, say what it is?"
Ahmad: "Do not you notice, that you begin to underestimate your appearance in front of me ?"
Sarah: "So, what to do with my piety?"
Ahmad: "This has a big role!"
Sarah: "Ask any scholar you want, no one who agrees with you that i to dress up for you is part of my piety!
Ahmad: "I will not ask it to anyone"
Sarah: "Yes, because you know that no one will agree with you on what you accused me."
Ahmad: "I will not ask anyone, because the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) has decide, so it does not need approval of anyone."
Sarah: "All my life, I've never read the hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) explained that the woman for her husband to dress up who is part of my piety!"
Ahmad: "Do you believe that?"
Sarah: "Show me if you say it's true?"
Ahmad: "Well Sarah, listen to the Hadith :

Narrated by Ibn Abbas, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) said, 'Shall I inform you the best of one's savings?ie, wives pious, that when her husband saw it she would please him, and when her husband ordered it, then she too stick to it, and if her husband goes she will keep his trust '"
(Narrated by Abu Dawood and Hakim)

Sarah: "The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) did not say that women to dress up for her husband is a pious wife."
Ahmad: "The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) has specified three properties pious women, and the first behavior of these traits is, 'When her husband saw it he would please him, is not it? "
Sarah: "Yes."
Ahmad: "then how bring happiness to her husband, when he looked at his wife? Which is duly done a wife is an attractive appearance, is not it?

Sarah understands what is meant by Ahmad and know that he has a right to her. Sarah also understand why he took a dialogue about it, namely to know the "truth"

Sarah: "This means the attractive appearance of a wife in the front of her husband is a Very Important part of her piety."

Ahmad: "Good, Sarah. But how do you know that it is a Very Important part of her piety?."

Sarah: "Because of the three properties Mentioned by the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household), he started with this and make it as the first nature of Piety a Woman."

Ahmad: "If we divide, then the percentage of 'each trait' is about 33% of piety a woman."

Sarah: "A lot of wives who do not know of this problem. They do not know that their concern for her appearance in front of her husband, including an Important part in their piety. Turns out I including from them."

Ahmad: "No, Sarah, you should be heartened. Because you know the truth, you simply submit to Him and do not argue with Him or against Him."

Sarah: "This is the Grace of Allah (swt) that is given to me, then because of the advice you, and also of your affection."

Ahmad: "All this is just a Blessing from Allah (swt) alone."

Sarah: "I thought about other advice, I can understand from the hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household)

Ahmad: "Say, Sarah."

Sarah: "The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) said, 'When her husband saw it he would please him,' and not say, 'If the female friends see it,' or 'If the female guests see it,' or 'When her mother saw it. "

While we have seen, today more women to dress up for their female friends than to their husbands, whether they are visiting or in coming guests"

Ahmad: "May Allah (swt) gave blessing to you, Sarah."

Sarah: "There is another issue."

Ahmad: "What is it?"

Sarah: "Piety of A wife to dress up for her husband will lead to piety of her husband."
Ahmad: "Good."
Sarah: "A husband if he sees something happy in his wife, then he would not glance at another woman, and honor he would aware from looking at another woman, and he will restrict himself from other women."
Ahmad: "How true it is people who say, 'How many students are more intelligent than his teacher.' ... today, you are smarter than me, Sarah.

There will never be husband and wife relationship to be rid of him for any love, respect, and religious levels.

In Al-Mustadrak 'Alaa al-Shahihain mentioned that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) said "

"If i were allowed to govern one's prostrate down to someone else, then I will tell the wife to prostrate to their husbands"

From Abdurrahman ibn 'Awf ra that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his household) said :

'If a woman has carried out five daily prayers,completing her fasts of ramadan, maintaining her chastity, and obey her husband, then in saying to her, "Go thou to Jannah from the door that you like it"'

(Narrated by Ahmad)

No comments:

Post a Comment